|1||c||Pineapple chunks (crushed, drained)|
|1||q||Water (hot, for sugar)|
|1||c||Tea (black, strong)|
|4||Lemon (peels of 2, juice all 4)|
Dissolve the sugar in the first measure of water. Pour everything except the lemon juice and the milk into a large nonreactive container. Cover and let steep for 6 hours. Add the lemon juice and milk, mix well, then strain through cheesecloth until clear.
I would muddle enough pineapple chunks to make a cup and not strain it too well. I would sub a broken cinnamon stick for the 1/2 t ground cinnamon. The rum suggestion is "a heavy bodied Jamaican or Martinique". This looks like it makes about 150 ounces, so I've called it 28 x 5 oz punch cups.
His great granddaughter provided this recipe to the Dallas Times Herald. It looks updated but must have confused the heck out of 1980's Dallas.
- Pearl Diver — Gold rum, Demerara Rum, Bitters, Crushed ice, Orange juice, Lime juice, Butter, Honey, Cinnamon syrup, Donn's Spices #2
- Señor Staypuff — Root liqueur, Demerara Rum, Jamaican #1 bitters, Allspice Dram, Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters, Half-and-half, Crystal Rum, Club soda, Coffee syrup, Marshmallow
- Cambridge Tea — Bénédictine, Milk, Tea
- Tropicale Nuvole — Light rum, Rum Cream, Coconut Water, Orgeat, Lime juice
- Aphrodite and Eros — Reposado Tequila, Aperol, Falernum, Cardamom, Egg white, Grapefruit juice, Cinnamon syrup
- Los Angeles Cocktail — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Nutmeg, Whole egg, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- You Have A Drink Named Steve? — Pear eau de vie, Crème de Menthe, Light rum, Crème de Cacao, Cream, Mint
- Bebida de Puebla — Tequila, Sherry, Coffee liqueur, Bénédictine
- Tempest — Spiced Rum, Ginger liqueur, Clove and mace tincture, Star anise, Lime juice, Egg white
- Firpo's Balloon Cocktail — Rye, Absinthe, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Egg white