Redbreast is a brand of Irish Whiskey made at New Midleton Distillery by Irish Distillers, a subsidiary of Pernod-Ricard. The brand was introduced in the early 20th century by an independent bottler of Jameson's, the brand was absorbed into the Irish Distillers conglomerate 1990.
Redbreast is one of the few remaining Irish whiskeys that is pot-distilled. It is aged in a mixture of predominately used Sherry casks, with a small percentage of used Bourbon barrels. Redbreast comes in a 12 year version and a 15 year old limited release that was introduced in 2010.
Redbreast is much fuller bodied and oilier in mouthfeel than most Irish whiskeys.
Some popular cocktails containing Redbreast
- Fosbury Flip — Irish whiskey, Armagnac, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Cream, Whole egg, Cinnamon syrup, Nutmeg
- Head of Steam — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Bitters, Orange peel
- Five Points Sour — Irish whiskey, Port, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup
- The Cause — Irish whiskey, Dry vermouth, Bruto Americano
- Bankers Are Wankers — Irish whiskey, Jamaican rum, Port, Bitters, Lime juice, Raspberry syrup, Nutmeg
- A Warming Sensation — Irish whiskey, Luxardo Fernet, Crème de Cacao, Bitters
- Hearts of Oak — Bourbon, Irish whiskey, Islay Scotch, Bitters, Cinnamon stick, Grade B maple syrup
- The Westie — Irish whiskey, Drambuie, Galliano, Bitters, Cherry, Lemon juice
- Tipperary (Irish Whiskey) — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Herbal liqueur
- Tammany Hall — Irish whiskey, Genever, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters, Cherry, Lemon peel