Tanqueray is a brand of modern [ingredient=gin gin] made by the Tanqueray company of London. It is made from a base of four-times-distilled neutral grain spirits. Standard Tanqueray is quite juniper-forward and is 86 proof.
Tanqueray 10 has a different the botanical bill from standard Tanqueray with the inclusion of white grapefruit, oranges and limes in addition to juniper, angelica and coriander. It was introduced in 2000. Tanqueray 10 is softer than standard Tanqueray, with a lifted citrus aroma, a juicy midpalate, and a heavy, oily mouthfeel. It is bottled at 94.6 proof, the same as standard Tanqueray.
Some popular cocktails containing Tanqueray
- Mayan French Piccadilly — Gin, Aromatized wine, Xtabentun, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters
- Florodora (Dead Rabbit Version) — Gin, Framboise, Bitters, Ginger ale, Ginger syrup, Lime juice, Nutmeg
- Eucalyptus Martini — Gin, Triple sec, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Egg white
- The SCT Negroni — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Aperitivo, Star anise
- Negroni dell'Erborista — Gin, Amaro dell'Erborista, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Spiritland — Gin, Mezcal, Herbal liqueur, Cassis, Bianco Vermouth, Rose water
- A Bouquet of Parentheses — Gin, Genever, Dry vermouth, Suze, Herbal liqueur
- Lawn Dart — Tequila, Gin, Herbal liqueur, Club soda, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Green bell pepper
- Gin-Gin Mule — Gin, Simple syrup, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Lime, Ginger, Mint
- Pocket Square — Gin, Campari, Elderflower liqueur, CioCiaro, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Grapefruit peel