|1⁄2||oz||Gin, Tanqueray (or use more Campari)|
|1||oz||Bianco Vermouth, Dolin|
|1⁄4||oz||Fernet Branca (scant)|
|1||ds||Orange bitters (50% Fee / 50% Regans')|
|3||twst||Orange peel (expressed, one as garnish)|
Stirred, garnished with heavy orange oil and a pigtail twist.
Originally with 2oz Campari and no gin. Revised in the second edition of Beta Cocktails.
From other users
- Fabulous. Quite bitter, without any acid to soften it. Fernet adds complexity and depth without obvious menthol. A great drink, even for the Fernet hater. A touch sweet; split with dry?
- Love it, but I do notice Beta has .25 oz Cynar. Not that I prefer the lesser amount...
- Well crafted. Campari made more complex.
- Wow...really really good. Even when made with Dolin Dry, which was all I had. Can't wait to try again when I pick up a bottle of blanc.
- Told should have 20 ds of Regan's orange bitters. Will update as necessary after trying.
- Enormous, bitter, and relatively low alcohol. A nice appertivo. For that purpose, half-size is probably fine.
- Make this for Mike Yarsky
- Not as bitter as you might expect with 1.5 of Campari, Cynar and Fernet. Good kind of cocktail that tastes greater than sum of its parts.Used .25 of Fernet as called for, and I wouldn't do any more lest it overpower.
- 12/28/17 - The Collins - Amazed at the Mint flavor in this drink.
- Holy shit
- Very Campari-ish.
- This is a campari cocktail and it's great.
- After Coffee — Campari, Bianco Vermouth, Jamaican rum, Fernet Branca, Mint
- White Oak Propeller — Aperol, Amaro Nonino, Bianco Vermouth, Old Tom Gin
- Leather Bucket — Fernet, Cardamaro, Zucca, Gin
- Crazed Fruit — Rhum Agricole, Ramazzotti, Bianco Vermouth, Grapefruit bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange peel
- The Bitter Venetian — Amaro Nonino, Dry vermouth, Orange liqueur, Orange bitters, Bitters
- Negroadie — Campari, Blanco tequila, Byrrh
- Aperitivo #4 — Manzanilla sherry, Cynar, Suze, Ramazzotti, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Fernet Branca
- Aperitivo #5 — Bitters, Chinato, Ramazzotti, Pacharan, Campari, Peychaud's Bitters
- Quartermaster — Dry vermouth, Fernet Branca, Aperol, Bénédictine, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Friday Surprise — Rum, Jägermeister, Bianco Vermouth, Campari