A bright and complex equal parts cocktail made from aloe, artichoke, and agave.
|1||oz||Mezcal, Del Maguey Vida|
|1||oz||Aloe Liqueur, Chareau|
Stir with cracked ice, strain into a chilled coupe.
The aloe hits first and is fruity and herbal, followed by the smoke and body of the mezcal. I thought it was just pretty okay up until the point that the bittersweet complexity of the Cynar hit the back and sides of my tongue. Then, holy shit... it just all melded in a way that had me craving another sip, and then another... and then another cocktail.
Isolation inspired cocktail during the Coronavirus quarantine of 2020.
From other users
- Good! But I like my mistake (Clearly Aloe'n) much better.
- Starts bright, fruity, and herbal. Melts into smoke. Finishes bittersweet and complex, inviting a subsequent sip. Easy to make; hard to stop sipping.
- Wander Back — Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Mezcal, Grapefruit peel
- Midnight Marauder — Mezcal, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Cynar, Bitters
- Espaguetis Occidental — Reposado Tequila, Mezcal, Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Averna, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Up Jumped the Devil — Mezcal, Rhum Agricole, Cynar, Herbal liqueur, Bitters
- Tobacco Road #1 — Mezcal, Cynar, Fino sherry, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit peel, Salt
- Smoke and Choke On A Rock — Mezcal, Cynar, Grapefruit bitters
- Picard Maneuver — Mezcal, Cynar, Curaçao, Celery bitters
- Petal and Scale — Mezcal, Cynar, Bitters, Pepper tincture, Hot sauce
- Scotch Lodge — Islay Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Cherry Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- The Black Rider — Brandy, Mezcal, Cynar