Color and flavors of the season with a warming kick
|2||oz||Corn Whiskey (Twin Valley Single Barrel)|
|1||ds||Orange bitters, Bitter Truth Orange|
Stir all ingredients with ice in a mixing glass; strain. Serve straight up or over fresh ice to taste.
Cinnamon syrup: In a small pan, mix and boil 3/4 c each sugar and water plus 5-6 cinnamon sticks; stir to dissolve sugar. Cover and remove from heat until cool. Remove cinnamon and strain syrup into clean jar; refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
Twin Valley Distillery (central Maryland) is producing some good spirits, including this robust whiskey. Delicious in fall cocktails.
- Gibbons Boost — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Cassis, Peychaud's Bitters
- He's Crafty — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Grapefruit bitters, Cranberry shrub, Lemon syrup
- Fire Cherry Cocktail — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Campari, Port, Bitters, Brandied cherry
- 'Ki Punch — White whiskey, Cane syrup, Lemon
- Mountain Man — Bourbon, Aromatized wine, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Orange bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Elder Fashioned — Bourbon, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Lemon juice, Orange
- Spanish Harlem (bourbon) — Bourbon, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Cherry juice
- Scottish Autumn — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Applejack, Drambuie, Bitters
- Moto Guzzi — Sweet vermouth, Overproof bourbon
- Autumn Leaves — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Apple brandy, Strega, Cinnamon syrup