a drier, darker riff on the Jungle Bird
|1 1⁄2||oz||Pineapple rum, Plantation Stiggin's' Fancy|
|1⁄2||oz||Virgin Islands Rum, Cruzan Blackstrap|
|1⁄2||oz||Campari (coffee infused)|
Shake, strain into a old fashioned glass. Garnish with a lime wheel or twist, pineapple frond or wedge, cherry, etc.
For the coffee infused Campari, infuse .5oz / 1 tbsp of coffee beans for every 250ml of Campari for 4 hours. Alternately use a barspoon of high quality coffee liqueur. If you want to amp up the pineapple flavor a bit, use pineapple gum syrup instead of demerara (Liber & Co's pineapple gum syrup, with it's carmelized pineapple notes, makes for a nice twist).
Inspiration was having a hankering for a Jungle Bird cocktail and being too lazy to go to the store to snag a pineapple and then juice it. I love coffee flavors in tiki drinks, such as the Krakatoa, Mr. Bali Hai, Black Magic, etc., so worked a bit of that in, resulting in a drier, darker tinged drink than the original Jungle Bird.
From other users
- Made with regular Campari and 1/2 oz 1:1 syrup
- Darling Nikki — Pineapple rum, Rum, Triple sec, Allspice Dram, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice
- East Indian Swizzle — Cognac, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Pineapple juice
- Daiquiri No. 5 — Pineapple rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Simple syrup
- Himalaya — Cognac, Bitters, Mango juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Water
- Loesser of Two Evils — Pineapple rum, Suze, Strega, Lime juice
- Stiggins Daiquiri #2 — Pineapple rum, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice
- Hey Baby, Que Paso? — Pineapple rum, Amaro, Raspberry syrup, Lime juice, Lime
- Jungle Stirred — Dark rum, Pineapple rum, Campari, Falernum, Bitters, Lime peel
- Vieux Pentagone — Pineapple rum, Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Falernum, Amer Picon, Bitters
- Joe Riley — Bourbon, Falernum, Elderflower liqueur, Ginger liqueur, Lemon juice, Lemon peel