A creamy mango cocktail.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Cognac, Hennessy|
|1||ds||Bitters, Bittermens Xocolatl Mole|
Shake with ice and fine strain to a coupe glass.
Tastes like a spicy and cinnamon-heavy mango lassi.
Fun story: this one was my entry to the Brazilian Bacardi Legacy. I failed to make the top 10, but I decided to give this one another go. The original used Bacardi Añejo, but while I was experimenting, I picked a bottle in the dark thinking it was Angostura 7, but I ended up with a brandy. I made the cocktail and thought it was great, prouded myself that all I needed was a better rum. Once I realized that I used brandy I couldn't get it out of my head. Original recipe also used 2 dashes of Angostura to simulate the spiciness from mango lassi, I replaced it for Bittermen's Xocolatl Mole bitters because I thought the combination matched better (chocolate + mango is a good combo, I almost swapped orgeat for chocolate liqueur). I also included a tad of water because the outcome was too thick to be normally strained, this initial dilution allows a better pour without ruining the wonderful mouthfeel.
- Caribbean Coffee Crush — Añejo rum, Falernum, Fernet Branca, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Pineapple
- Punsch-Out! — Cognac, Swedish Punsch, Rye, Bitters, Pineapple syrup, Lemon juice
- Gun Club Shrub — Gold rum, Triple sec, Pineapple juice, White balsamic vinegar, Orange oleo-saccharum
- Yuletidal Wave — Pear liqueur, Bourbon, Gold rum, Licor 43, Brandy, Allspice Dram, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Pear, Cinnamon
- East Indian Swizzle — Cognac, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Pineapple juice
- Kentucky Dandy — Bourbon, Apricot liqueur, Elderflower liqueur, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Mint
- A Scotsman In Paradise — Blended Scotch, Crème de Banane, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream
- Respect Your Elders — Cognac, Elderflower liqueur, Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters, Lemon juice, Elderberry jelly
- No. 39 — Cognac, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup
- Eliot Ness — Cognac, Elderflower liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice, Hellfire Habanero Shrub