Reverse Cynar Manhattan of sorts
|1 1⁄2||oz||Bourbon, Buffalo Trace|
|3⁄4||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Antica Formula|
Combine in a mixing glass then add large ice cubes. Stir then strain over large ice. Garnish with an orange peel expressed and inserted.
A very long flavor ride from sweet to spicy to bitter and back.
From other users
- Absolutely delicious. The small amount of CAF is apparent. Nice lingering bitter. Made with Knob Creek.
- Didn't have orange, but that would add a nice element. Used punt e mes, delicious.
- Excellent and will try upping the Antica next time
- Excellent Manhattan sub. Cynar adds welcome bitter undertones. A real Friday unwinding drink.
- As was said, good Manhattan alternative.
- As suggested by someone here, tried it with Ramazzotti and like it. Next time I'll bump the bourbon up in the mix (just a tad sweeter than I like it). I'll also try it with Rye.
- 12/27/16: Really, really good. I prefer this to a manhattan.
- Made with Cynar 70. As one does. An excellent alternative to a Manhattan.
- Delicious!! I used perucchi sweet vermouth.
- loved this drink, lots of flavors and complexity makes a wonderful cocktail
- I find this a tad too bitter...but it tastes better as the ice melts!
- Good bourbon/cynar rich/warm slightly bitter drink. Used Bitter Truth Creole Bitters + Peychaud's
- Made with Bullitt and Ramazotti-pretty good-needs the orange peel
- soft and sweet. very drinkable
- Maybe tone down the Bourbon a bit
- Not bitter enough for me, a little too strong and sweet.
- Elijah Craig Small Batch bourbon; increased bourbon to 2 oz, added 1/2 dash of Angostura (per drink); nice Manhattan riff!
- Used Vermut Lacuesta instead of Carpano, but a nice cocktail.
- Exhumation Cocktail — Canadian whisky, Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Fernet, Cardamom bitters, Lemon peel
- A Long Day — Añejo tequila, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Grapefruit bitters, Orange bitters
- Sin Cyn — Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Speyside Scotch, Orange peel
- The Sanny — Bourbon, Cynar, Maraschino Liqueur, Celery bitters, Lemon zest
- Choke On This Drink — Cynar, Rye, Cognac, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Orgeat
- Growing Old Cocktail — Cynar, Rye, Pastis, Lemon zest, Salt
- Teenage Riot — Rye, Cynar, Dry vermouth, Amontillado Sherry, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Bitterblossom — Bourbon, Crème de Violette, Cynar, Bitters, Orange peel
- Italian Heirloom — Cynar, Islay Scotch, Blended Scotch, Salt, Lemon peel
- Choke Let Malt — Scotch, Cynar, Pale Ale, Bitters