Exactly what the name says: a cosmopolitan milk punch (:
|1 1⁄2||oz||Tawny port|
|1 1⁄2||oz||Triple sec, Cointreau|
OLEO SACCHARUM: Mix the peels, bay leaves, cardamom pods, cloves, star anise, molasses and sugar in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest in room temperature until sugar dissolves completely, between 1 and 4 hours. THE PUNCH: Add the vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice, Port and Cointreau to the oleo saccharum bowl and mix to combine the ingredients. Rest for 1 hour then fine strain to a new bowl. THE MILK: Add warm milk to a bowl and pour the strained punch into it. Let it rest until the curds are well formed. Strain the liquid through cheesecloth over a chinois twice. Make sure the liquid goes through the curds. Strain a third time through coffee filter. Output should be clear pink/orange. THE COCKTAIL: Finally, pour 2 ounces of the punch in an ice-filled tall glass. Flame an orange coin over it. Top with 2 ounces of tonic water. Garnish with the orange coin and a bay leaf.
No, this is not easy to make, but also not as difficult as you're imagining by the number of ingredients. The straining is probably the hardest part, but that's mostly on organization and patience. There's very little interaction despite requiring a long preparation. This is fantastic for parties or just to bottle in your fridge. Should be good for 2 days to 1 week.
- Siege of Constantinople — Raki, Vodka, Bitters, Tonic water, Gomme syrup
- Soda Jerk — Tequila, Campari, Cola, Egg white, Passion fruit puree, Vanilla syrup, Lime juice, Lime peel
- Stormy Bright — Jamaican rum, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Soda water, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- The Lizzie Asher — Pisco, Crème Yvette, Apricot liqueur, Ginger beer, Egg white, Lemon juice
- Black Rye — Root liqueur, Rye, Bitters, Club soda, Maple syrup, Cinnamon stick
- Cuba Libre (Preparado) — Light rum, Gin, Bitters, Cola, Lime juice, Lime
- Duck & Cover — Vodka, Pear eau de vie, Bitters, Ginger ale, Apple cider, Lemon juice, Grade B maple syrup, Apple
- Savory Pimm's Cup — Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Pastis, Birch beer, Lime juice
- Southern Bell — Pisco, Apricot liqueur, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Honey syrup, Red Bell Pepper
- Sailor's Sunset — Dark rum, Campari, Ginger ale, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Ginger