Alton Brown recipe
|1||t||Nutmeg (Freshly grated)|
1. Crack the eggs, and separate the yolk from the whites. Store the whites for another time, or save them for when you serve it, beat the whites into moderately stiff peaks and fold into the egg nog. . 2. Beat the sugar with the nutmeg and yolks and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl until the mixture lightens in color, think closer to pastel yellow than egg yolk yellow, and drips off the whisk in a "ribbon." 3. Mix the dairy, bourbon, brandy, and cognac with the salt in a second container, ideally one easy to pour from. 4. Slowly beat the blended alcohol into the egg mixture. 5. Move to a large glass jar or bottle, or a few smaller ones. 6. Now for the hard part, store the containers in the fridge for a at least 2 weeks. Even better 2 months. 7. Serve in a glass garnished by freshly grated nutmeg.
*While you can drink this straight away, the flavors meld, and become exponentially more delicious if you calm your inner child and allow it to age for weeks to months.
- Egg Nog — Spiced Rum, Brandy, Milk, Heavy cream, Sugar, Whole egg, Nutmeg
- Eggnog, Morgenthaler — Brandy, Spiced Rum, Milk, Heavy cream, Sugar, Whole egg, Nutmeg
- Brandy Milk Punch — Brandy, Half-and-half, Simple syrup, Vanilla extract, Nutmeg
- Pearson Family Eggnog — Brandy, Vanilla ice cream, Milk, Half-and-half, Heavy cream, Whole egg, Sugar, Vanilla extract, Nutmeg
- K2 — Bourbon, Irish Cream, Coffee liqueur, Whole egg, Stout Reduction, Grade B maple syrup, Nutmeg
- Dulce de Leche — Añejo tequila, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Whole egg, Heavy cream, Grapefruit peel, Cinnamon
- Coquito — Añejo rum, Bitters, Allspice Dram, Coconut milk, Sweetened condensed milk, Coconut Water, Salt, Cayenne pepper, Nutmeg
- Iowa-ish Cream — Coffee liqueur, Bourbon, Simple syrup, Whipping cream
- The Dead Rabbit Coffee Cocktail — Irish Cream, Irish whiskey, Port, Bitters, Whole egg, Simple syrup, Nutmeg
- Tobacco Road #2 — Coffee liqueur, Mezcal, Cherry Liqueur, Bitters, Brandied cherry