Inspired by the bottle of Byrrh Grand Quinquina when I started working at River Bar in early 2018.
|1⁄2||oz||Elderflower liqueur, St. Germain|
|2||ds||Bitters, Bittermens Xocolatl Mole|
|1||twst||Orange peel (As garnish.)|
Stir with ice, strain into a single old fashioned glass, and garnish with an orange twist.
When I started working at River Bar in March 2018, I was inspired by Byrrh Quinquina being on the bar. I then matched it with three ingredients that I have seen it work well with: mezcal, elderflower, and Aperol. For a name, I later dubbed this one Eyes on the Table after a work by Spanish born surrealist artist Remedios Varo.
- The Reluctant Saint — Mezcal, Byrrh, Campari, Crème de Cacao, Absinthe, Orange peel
- La Avenida — Mezcal, Aperol, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Orange peel
- Smoke In The Well — Mezcal, Amaro Montenegro, Manzanilla sherry, Campari
- Ask the Dust — Byrrh, Mezcal, Crème de Cacao, Absinthe, Bitters
- oaxacan — Sweet vermouth, Campari, Mezcal, Lemon peel
- Oaxacan Negroni — Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Lemon zest
- Zapoteca — Mezcal, Amer Picon, Sweet vermouth, Bitters
- Traidor — Mezcal, Cardamaro, Aperol, Bitters, Orange peel
- Smoky Sunset — Mezcal, Gran Classico, Rosato Vermouth, Bitters
- Kino — Amaro, Mezcal, Campari, CioCiaro