Smoke, Sweet, Jamaican, Green, Herb
|3⁄4||oz||Mezcal, Del Maguey Vida|
|3⁄4||oz||Falernum, Velvet Falernum|
|3⁄4||oz||Jamaican rum, Appleton 12|
Shake, Strain, Up, Twist. Use a fun glass and listen to Horace Andy while preparing.
My variations have included subbing the falernum with allspice dram but it was too sweet. Also, it just doesn't work without the lime, but feel free to try other rums... The Appleton was a later addition; it adds depth and funk, but any anejo rum should work.
This started as a Jamaican inspired version of "The Last Word" but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't strip it down to 4 equal parts. I guess that Jah provides the Rastaman with that extra ingredient...
From other users
- Not so aggressive as you might think. Brings out a salty note in the Chartreuse.
- Maybe a touch too sweet but still very tasty.
- Ashby Swizzle — Herbal liqueur, Mezcal, Falernum, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Mint
- Lil' Jig — Tequila, Herbal liqueur, Lime, Simple syrup, Basil
- Hurricane — Jamaican rum, Lemon juice, Passion fruit syrup
- Front Steps — Rye, Falernum, Kirschwasser, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice
- Tijuana Trick — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- Shabash — Dark rum, Apricot liqueur, Lemon bitters, Lime juice
- El Floridita Daquiri var. 2 — Rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Fine sugar
- Steve's Word — Herbal liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Islay Scotch, Lime juice
- Gruff and Rumble — Rum, Orange liqueur, Branca Menta, Bitters, Lime juice
- Maximillian's Downfall — Mezcal, Orange liqueur, Amaretto, Coconut Water, Heavy cream, Honey, Nutmeg