|1 1⁄2||oz||Rye (or bourbon)|
Stir, strain, straight up, cocktail glass
Original ratio is 1:1:1, a very sweet drink with a dash of absinthe. Ted Haigh (Vintage Spirits & Forgotten Cocktails) suggests 3/4oz bourbon, 3/4 oz sweet vermouth, 3 dashes Amer, 1 dash orange bitters.
From other users
- Decent, but didn't find it to be any great improvement over a Manhattan when using Picon Biere.
- Try with 1.5oz bourbon, 1oz sweet vermouth, .5oz amaro, 2ds orange bitters
- I liked it. Delicate little drink. I went with the 1.5/1/.5 ratio, and I also added a dash of grapefruit bitters and I also thought it benefited from the oils of a lemon twist.
- Using 1.5/1/.25 ratio
- Jackson Ward — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Wormwood bitters, Orange bitters, Amaro Nardini, Lemon peel
- Heathen VC — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Armagnac, Bitters, Triple sec, Absinthe
- Midnight in Manhattan — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Averna, Bitters
- Across The River — Bourbon, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Bitters, Gran Classico
- The Lorelei — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cinnamon Schnapps liqueur, Orange bitters
- Patent Pending — Rye, Meletti Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Bitters
- The Rebennack — Rye, Averna, Orange liqueur
- McClellan's Curse — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Absinthe, Bitters, Allspice Dram
- Lloyd 100 — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bourbon, Absinthe, Allspice Dram
- The Irons — Rye, Orange Curaçao, Aperol, Orange bitters, Lemon peel