French-influence variation of the Bermuda Hundred, which itself is a Gin variation on the classic Jungle Bird.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Gin, Uncle Val's Botanical|
|1 1⁄2||oz||Pineapple juice|
Shake all ingredients vigorously over ice to build a nice aeration in the pineapple and lime juices. Pour over a single clear ice cube in a double old fashioned glass. Garnish with a cherry and pineapple fronds.
A bittersweet, refreshing original tiki variation.
I love the Jungle Bird more than almost any other cocktail. I stumbled upon the Bermuda Hundred (named after an area along the Virginia coast). The Jungle bird uses Rum and Campari, where the Bermuda uses Gin and Campari. I used Gin and Suze. I did try the "fourth corner" of this variation trail using Rum and Suze, and deemed it to be the least interesting of the four possible drinks.
- Bermuda Hundred — Gin, Campari, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat
- City of Gold Sling — Old Tom Gin, Demerara Rum, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Pineapple juice, Donn's Spices #2, Lime juice, Orgeat
- The Dutchess — Genever, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Orgeat, Lemon juice
- Royal Hawaiian — Gin, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat
- Bar Fly — Gin, Parfait Amour, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Saturn — Gin, Falernum, Passion fruit syrup, Lemon juice, Orgeat
- Royal Pearl — Old Tom Gin, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Fountain of Passion — Light rum, Gin, Passion fruit juice, Lime juice, Tangerine juice, Vanilla syrup, Cinnamon syrup, Mint
- Velo — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup
- (the) 3:10 — Gin, Walnut Liqueur, Pomegranate juice, Sherry vinegar