Red Hook variation from L'abattoir bar in Vancouver
|1 3⁄8||oz||Rye, Sazerac|
|2⁄3||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|2||t||Islay Scotch, Ardbeg|
|1||t||Maraschino Liqueur, Luxardo|
|1||Brandied cherry (as garnish)|
Build in a mixing glass, add ice, stir until well chilled. Strain into a sour glass or coupe, garnish with a brandied cherry.
Any spicy rye will suit this drink - Rittenhouse Bottled-in-Bond goes well, as does Wild Turkey 101. The Punt e Mes can be substituted for any sweet vermouth, preferably one on the bitter side (e.g. Carpano Antica Fomula). Ardbeg is optimal, but a different smoky Islay single malt (e.g. Laphroaig) will serve.
A variation of the Red Hook, designed to complement the meat-heavy menu served at the restaurant.
From other users
- Well balanced.
- Rob Roy — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Lemon peel
- Manhattan — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Cherry
- Caruso Cocktail (via Eric Felton) — Cognac, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters, Cherry
- Storm King — Blended Scotch, Nocino, Bénédictine, Bitters, Cherry
- Revelation — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Cherry
- Blush Response — Bourbon, Crème Yvette, Maraschino Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Strawberry, Nectarine
- Cubed Old Fashioned — Cognac, Rum, Rye, Bitters, Orange bitters, Brandied cherry, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Across the Board — Bourbon, Rhubarb bitters, Strawberry, Mint, Sugar, Balsamic Vinegar
- Old City — Rye, Bigallet China-China, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Brandied cherry
- The Perfect BQE — Rye, Maraschino Liqueur, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Brandied cherry