Round and brown
|2||oz||Rum, Havana Club 7|
|1||bsp||Rum, Smith & Cross (As float)|
Stir with ice, strain over big rock. Float Smith & Cross; twist lemon and drop in.
Ideally use Cuban rum for the base but feel free to experiment with others (Appleton 12 should be great). Miramar is a suburb of Havana; it's also the Wellington suburb where our movie industry is based (and which I can see from my lounge).
Inspired by the Havana, by Giancarlo Jesus of the Hawthorn Lounge.
From other users
- Will probably need subbed rum
- "Round and brown" is a good descriptor. I used El Dorado 8 which maybe overemphasized the caramel flavors the Cynar was already bringing.
- Delicious! Love the rum on rum.
- Fortune Teller (Jessica Gonzalez) — Venezuelan rum, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Cynar
- Chet Baker — Rum, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Honey syrup
- Franklin Bearse — Rum, Triple sec, Herbal liqueur, Bitters
- Midnight Oil — Bermuda rum, Ginger Bitters, Tea, Molasses, Black Cardamom
- I Scatter Them In Time And Space — Demerara Rum, Sweet vermouth, Scotch, Herbal liqueur, Cynar, Bitters, Rose water
- Black Stacia — Bermuda rum, Sweet vermouth, Averna, Virgin Islands Rum, Falernum, Bitters
- Guyana Flip — Rum, Cynar, Port, Demerara syrup, Nutmeg, Whole egg
- Bajito — Rum, Sugar, Lime, Basil, Mint
- White Tai ("Improved") — Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Martinique Rum, Triple sec, Absinthe, Maraschino Liqueur, Citric acid, Lemon peel
- Cul de Sac — Rum, Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Fernet Branca, Sugar cube, Grapefruit peel