One of the Tiki classics with grapefruit, honey, and plenty of rum.
|3⁄4||oz||Grapefruit juice (white)|
|1⁄2||oz||Honey (or 1 ounce honey mix)|
Shake and strain into a double old-fashioned glass with an ice cone encased straw.
The dark rum should be Jamaican: Myer's, Coruba, or Appleton 12. Straining onto the rocks would be a good alternative to an ice cone. An ice cone is made by packing shaved ice into a pilsner glass, poking a chopstick through for the hole, and freezing. I add the soda water after shaking.
From other users
- Simple Rum Punch, tons of flavor. Be creative with the rums and stay away from bland generic swill. Take a risk and be rewarded.
- Very tasty although the Smith and Cross dominates
- Tijuana Trick — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- Calico Jack — Bermuda rum, Hum, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- New England Daiquiri — Guatemalan rum, Bitters, Lemon juice, Maple syrup
- Hawaiian Room — Rum, Triple sec, Applejack, Lemon juice, Pineapple juice
- Shabash — Dark rum, Apricot liqueur, Lemon bitters, Lime juice
- The Mediation — Pisco, Limoncello, Cognac, Bitters, Lime juice, Egg white
- El Floridita Daquiri var. 2 — Rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Fine sugar
- A Habsberg In Jalisco — Tequila, Falernum, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Gruff and Rumble — Rum, Orange liqueur, Branca Menta, Bitters, Lime juice
- Daiquiri (Sweeter) — Light rum, Simple syrup, Lime juice