|2 1⁄2||oz||Bourbon, Knob Creek|
|5||lf||Mint (1 for garnish)|
|3||Grapes (1 for garnish)|
In a Collins Glass: muddle syrup, mint, and grapes. Add crushed ice and bourbon. Top with soda if needed. STIR, STIR, STIR UNTILL GLASS IS FROSTED! Garnish with a bourbon soaked grape wrapped in a pressed mint leaf. Add a lemon twist.
I don't like cooking my simple syrup. Adding super refined sugar to cold water and letting it dissolve naturally works fine and actually produces a lighter, cleaner final 1:1 product. *Soak the grape and mint garnishes in bourbon and insist they be eaten when the drink is done.
It's a julep.
- Kite Tail — Hard cider, Bourbon, Rhubarb syrup, Mint, Lemon
- Owl's Head — Apple brandy, Apricot liqueur, Licor 43, Bitters, Cider, Lemon peel
- A Pair of Pared Pears — Añejo rum, Pear puree, Lime juice, Ginger juice, Cardamom
- Oh, Johnny — Apple brandy, Irish whiskey, Chai Liqueur, Apple juice, Apple butter
- Plum Crazy — Apple brandy, Amaretto, Bitters, Plum syrup, Lemon juice