On a quest to find a good usage of white whiskey, we land on a Monkey Gland variation.
|1||oz||White whiskey, Wigle|
|3⁄4||oz||Aromatized wine, Cocchi Americano|
|1⁄4||oz||Absinthe, Letherbee (Barrel-aged variety)|
Stir with ice, strain.
I keep trying to make a good cocktail with white whiskey: this is my favorite so far. I added the Cocchi to cover for gin's aromatics. This feels lighter than a traditional Monkey Gland. (BTW: Saru is what the Japanese call their pale-haired macaques...white monkey, white whiskey...)
- Avec — Kirschwasser, Cognac, Aromatized wine, Bitters, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Edith Bunker — Rye, Aromatized wine, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Orange juice
- Brix Layer (variation) — Red wine, Bourbon, Triple sec, Bitters, Simple syrup, Orange juice, Lime juice, Lemon juice
- 1682 — Curaçao, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Bianco Vermouth, Cranberry bitters, Orange peel
- Riviera Sunset — Rum, Triple sec, Aromatized wine, Pistachio liqueur, Orange bitters
- Triple-D — Aromatized wine, Drambuie, Damiana Liqueur
- Corpse ReVeeVer — VeeV Acai Spirit, Grapefruit Vodka, Bianco Vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Grapefruit juice
- Balmy Night — Sherry, Jamaican rum, Allspice Dram, Curaçao, Bitters, Orange juice, Orange peel
- American Beauty — Cognac, Dry vermouth, Ruby Port, Green Crème de Menthe, Orange juice, Grenadine
- Burnt Fuselage — Orange liqueur, Dry vermouth, Cognac, Lemon peel