|1 1⁄2||oz||Whiskey, McCarthy's|
|3⁄4||oz||Bourbon, Old Grand Dad (Bonded)|
|2||ds||Bitters, Fish Sauce Bitters (see note)|
Chill a coupe with ice. Pour in a little Herbsaint like you're making a Sazerac and discard the ice and Herbsaint (though leaving a little is nice). Shake and strain everything else into the chilled glass.
McCarthy's is Clear Creek's peated whiskey. The bitters were made by a friend and are (evidently) half and half Peychaud's and fish sauce.
From other users
- Lots of subs so not sure if my assessment is fair: Laphroaig 10, Elijah Craig, Amere Sauvage. Smoke and bitter predominate.
- Blind Lemon Jefferson — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Woody Sour — Bourbon, Rye, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lemon juice, Demerara syrup
- Bicycles & Baskets — Rye, Elderflower liqueur, Aperol, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Freeman's Cocktail — Rye, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Pomegranate molasses, Orange peel
- Death of a Disco Dancer — Rye, Apple brandy, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Breakfast Bourbon — Bourbon, Bitters, Lemon juice, Orange marmalade
- Savory Smash — Rye, Cynar, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Basil, Red Bell Pepper
- Zamboanga “Zeinie” Cocktail — Cognac, Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup, Lime peel
- Chelsea Manning — Bourbon, Demerara Rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Demerara syrup, Orange marmalade
- None but the Brave — Whiskey, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Allspice