|1||oz||Bourbon (or brandy)|
|1||t||Lime cordial, Rose's|
|4||oz||Ginger beer (or ginger ale)|
|1||sli||Orange (as garnish)|
|1||spg||Mint (as garnish)|
Shake without ginger beer, strain, rocks, highball glass, top with ginger beer, stir gently, garnish.
The original British ginger ale is more similar to US ginger beer. For a bracing, modern version, use 1 full oz each bitters and fresh lime juice.
Made for "for a hungover British army who fought during Rommel's surprise incursion into Cairo."
- Dark 'n Stormy — Dark rum, Ginger beer, Lime
- Horsefeather — Whiskey, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lemon
- El Seudónimo — Tequila, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Ginger beer
- Racer Chaser — Rum, Ginger beer, Lime, Cherry
- Jean Genie — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Ginger beer
- Sailors Take Warning — Light rum, Ginger beer, Grenadine, Lime juice
- Hendrick's Mule (JMW's) — Gin, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Cucumber
- The Paul Clifford — Rum, Ginger beer, Ginger, Orange, Lime
- Nom de plume — Rye, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Ginger beer
- Wormwood'n stormy — Gin, Suze, Absinthe, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Simple syrup