A cocktail full of surprises, both subtle and bold. Not for the faint of heart, or wallet.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Reposado mezcal, Zacbe (tobacco and vanilla infused, see note)|
|1⁄4||oz||Sherry, Lustau East India Solera (Baked plum infused, see note)|
|1⁄4||oz||Maraschino Liqueur, Luxardo|
Stir all contents over ice and fine strain into a chilled coupe. The Galliano may be rinsed or misted from an atomizer, depending on who you're trying to impress.
The plum infusion of the Lustau East India sherry is obtained by baking the fruit(s) at a reasonable 300 degrees until its(their) flesh sags like an ill-tailored suit. Remove the pit(s) and plunge it(them) into a bottle of sherry. Whole clove may be added as well, should you wish. Refrigerate until the desired flavour is released into the sherry. For the Cigar + Vanilla smoked mezcal, the quality of your stogie will determine its final outcome. I opted for the ubiquitous Romeo y Julieta brand of cigar, both for its affordability, complexity, and depth of flavour. Simply pour your mezcal into a large mason jar, making sure to leave enough elbow room for the invading cigar smoke. Light your cigar and puff into the container, blowing between the inside of the jar and its lid, taking great care to ensure that the smoke lingers within its glass boundaries. This process is highly enjoyable with a co-conspirator, hopefully one with a taste for fine tobacco and aged mezcal. After a lovely build up of smokey haze appears within the mason jar, seal it with a lid and wait for the smoke to dissipate. Shake the contents of the jar around and let the smoke lick as much surface area as possible. Once the smoke has dissipated, you may open the jar and place 2-3 split vanilla pods into the newly smoked liquid. Refrigerate until the desired flavour is achieved, ideally 2-4 weeks.
- Rosita — Reposado Tequila, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Brown, Bitter, and Tiki — Demerara Rum, Jamaican rum, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Bitters, Herbal liqueur
- Zim Zala Bim — Reposado Tequila, Orange bitters, Elderflower liqueur, Fine sugar
- Christmas Fruitcake Cocktail — Rum, Scotch, Bitters, Sweet vermouth, Amaro Cora, Orange peel
- Martini de Hueso — Reposado Tequila, Bianco Vermouth, Apricot liqueur, Peach bitters, Bitters
- A Bitter Pill to Swallow — Rye, Aromatized wine, Amaro Abano, Bitters, Santa Maria al Monte, Orange peel
- Tequila Amargo — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Marc de Champagne, Cassis, Bitters
- Bog Harvest 2 — White whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Cranberry liqueur, Cranberry bitters
- Classe Tous Risqués — Rye, Applejack, Bitters, Aromatized wine, Sugar cube
- Full Metal Jacket — Rum, Averna, Canadian whisky, Grapefruit peel, Lemon peel