|1 1⁄2||oz||Rye, Bulleit|
|3⁄4||oz||Triple sec, Cointreau|
Shake hard as all hell and strain into a cocktail glass.... Drip drops all about the top and enjoy the show
Obvious riff on last word, tastes remarkably similar, if not softer and still stronger.... Adjust rye per guest preference, of course.... By that i mean sometimes it may be prudent to add more.... Perhaps lessen overall proportions for your very serious whiskey drinkers to .5for all and 2 rye. This would need bit of sugar... Honey? benedictine? simple would not lend enough, methinks. . . .wow, its strong....
Made in Detroit at the Detroit Athletic Club... Remade by bartenders the world round since 1951.... cheers, countrymen. Here's to the beauty of composition in a simple ratio... i am about to make another
From other users
- I would likely scale back the Cointreau slightly next time but the rye does a good job of keeping it in check.
- Tasty but definitely a sipper. Used dry curacao, as usual. Orange still a bit heavy, try reducing to 1/2 oz next time.
- Bourbamaro — Bourbon, Amaro Montenegro, Bénédictine, Lemon juice
- Tree Viper — Gold rum, Herbal liqueur, Demerara Rum, Blue Curaçao, Lime juice, Orgeat, Orange juice
- The Tolerance Foundation — Gold rum, Strega, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- Malcolm Lowry — Añejo tequila, Light rum, Triple sec, Lime juice
- Missouri Mule — Bourbon, Applejack, Campari, Triple sec, Lemon juice
- Oriental — Rye, Triple sec, Sweet vermouth, Lime juice
- Cotillion — Bourbon, Trinidad rum, Curaçao, Lemon juice, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Black Diamond — Bourbon, Averna, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice
- Final Ward Eight — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice, Grenadine, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Anthony Bello *AKA* The Italian Stallion — Tequila, Drambuie, Orange liqueur, Lemon juice, Lemon peel