|1⁄2||oz||PInk grapefruit juice|
|1⁄4||oz||Donn's Spices #2|
|2||ds||Bitters, Fee Brothers Black Walnut|
Shake all with ice, coupé. Drop the bitters on top.
A drier gin is best, but not a particularly juniper-y one. I used St. George Dry Rye. For the fig syrup, I use 50:50 hot water and fig preserves (Trader Joe's has a good one). Miele di fichi would also work well here.
I was curious about fig and grapefruit together.
From other users
- did not have donn's spice, so added a couple drops of havana & hide bitters, no tawny port so used lustau dry amontillado sherry. syrup was jo snow fig vanilla black pepper. came out a little over-spiced but still very good.
- Spice Trade (Ran Duan) — Genever, Guatemalan rum, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Bitters, Orange peel
- Perfect Thyming — Gin, Lemon Balm Liqueur, Campari, Simple syrup, Thyme
- Suzette — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Suze, Orange peel
- Le Bourdonnement — Aromatized wine, Gin, Hum, Orange bitters
- Ginger Leaf — Gin, Campari, Grapefruit juice, Ginger-Honey Syrup, Lime
- The Commendatore — Gin, Mozart Black, Sweet vermouth, Campari
- Dutch Tulip — Genever, Sweet vermouth, Apricot liqueur, Orange juice
- Boston Apothecary 3 — Sweet vermouth, Amontillado Sherry, Old Tom Gin, Kirschwasser
- Coda — Gin, Chinato, Triple sec
- Skinny Tie — Gin, Orange liqueur, Bianco Vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Orange peel