Stir, strain into old fashioned glass with a large cube or sphere. Garnish with a few spritzes of pipe tobacco essence from an atomizer.
Bourbon used has been listed in differing places as Weller 12 Year, Four Roses Private Single Barrel and Weller 107 Antique (seems to be the current choice). For the coffee syrup, blend equal parts Dark Matter Unicorn Blood Espresso Blend (or similar) with demerara sugar. For the pipe tobacco essence, macerate pipe tobacco (Queen Mary blend or other low nicotine blend) in high proof grain alcohol for a few days. I macerate mine in 151 Demerara rum for a bit more flavor.
- Attorney Privilege — Bourbon, Bitters, Orgeat, Lemon peel
- Pioneer Spirit — Rye, Apple brandy, Bitters, Orgeat, Orange peel
- Godfather (Sam Ross) — Bourbon, Amaretto, Bitters
- Louisville Cathouse — Bourbon, Crème de Cacao, Fernet Branca
- Maple Old Fashioned — Bourbon, Bitters, Maple syrup
- Boss Lady — Bourbon, Cognac, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Coffee liqueur, Aphrodite bitters, Demerara syrup
- Sioux City Slugger — Whiskey, Peychaud's Bitters, Demerara syrup
- Julep vs. Sazerac — Bourbon, Peach bitters, Fernet Branca, Simple syrup, Mint
- Blue Christmas — Bourbon, Cognac, Bitters, Maple syrup
- American Praline — Rye, Bénédictine, Aperol, Bitters, Orgeat