|3⁄4||oz||Rye, Rittenhouse 100|
|3⁄4||oz||Walnut Liqueur, Nux Alpina|
|3⁄4||oz||Sherry, Lustau East India Solera|
Stir, strain into old fashioned glass with a large cube or sphere or a Nick & Nora glass. Garnish with an expressed orange swath.
Named for the dreaded weather phenomenon we see in the Midwest of part snow and part freezing rain. And we just got some dumped on us in the middle of April in Chicago. This one is also a two-fer, part of my ongoing "4 parts, equal parts, stirred" series and also part of my "Cocktails from the Corona Bunker" series.
- Hop Springs Eternal — Whiskey, Sherry, Bitters, Grand Hops Amaro, PInk grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- Horus — Light rum, Fino sherry, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Yuzu syrup, Rose water
- Balmy Night — Sherry, Jamaican rum, Allspice Dram, Curaçao, Bitters, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Avec — Kirschwasser, Cognac, Aromatized wine, Bitters, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Burnt Fuselage — Orange liqueur, Dry vermouth, Cognac, Lemon peel
- The Dandy Randy — Brandy, Limoncello, Dry sake, Dry vermouth, Aztec Chocolate bitters
- Blod & Skar — Aquavit, Scotch, Cherry Liqueur, Aromatized wine, Orange juice
- Scottish Hill — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Orange liqueur, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters
- Wonky Sand — Rye, Cherry Liqueur, Bourbon, Aromatized wine, Islay Scotch, Orange juice, Orange peel
- License To Drive — Sherry, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Rye, Bitters