For the herbaceous palate, Cynar and Charteuse fans unite!
|1||oz||Rum, Flor de Caña (4yr or other white rum)|
|1⁄4||oz||Green Chartreuse (Fat quarter)|
|1⁄8||oz||Rich demerara syrup 2:1|
|2||spg||Mint (one as garnish)|
Combine liquids in mixing glass, add mint and gently muddle. Let sit 1 min. Stir, then strain into rocks glass over large ice. Garnish with a mint sprig.
From other users
- Very good. Bitter. Slow drinking. Added 1/2 tsp Menta Branca to simulate the missing mint. Good (but not as good as when made with fresh mint). Doesn't need the syrup.
- Original recipe calls for 1 oz of Cynar. Minty, bitter, and quite delightful, although the rum is completely lost under the rest.
- A touch too much sweetness for me, but not egregiously. Like the minty element and could maybe do with some extra help in that area (add more fresh mint, or add fernet branca or creme de menthe). Bitterness is just right.
- Whoa. Intensely herbacious.
- Cynar/rum- herbal, bitter, minty
- Did not get this drink at all.
- Used mint bitters instead of mint (did ~½ dash mint and Angostura each). Excellent drink! Distinctly bitter and herbal. Maybe too sweet? Might slim (or skip?) the syrup next time.
- I'm a big fan of bitter, but to me, the rum gets lost with these proportions. I bumped it up to 1.25 oz, and also increased the demerara syrup to 0.25 oz. Still quite herbal. 4.5 with those changes.
- Cynar Julep — Cynar, Rum, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Mint
- The Warning Label — Demerara Rum, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Orange bitters, Grapefruit bitters, Campari, Lemon peel
- Spanish Sigh — Cynar, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Demerara Rum, Cream Sherry, Bitters, Orange peel, Salt, Orange
- Letters of Marque — Trinidad rum, Cynar, Galliano, Curaçao, Orange peel
- Knotty Pine — Cynar, Rum, Zirbenz Stone Pine Liqueur, Lemon juice
- Amaro Cocktail — Cynar, Walnut Liqueur, Cachaça, Orange peel, Lemon zest
- Little Giuseppe — Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Salt
- Paynal — Reposado Tequila, Cynar, Apricot liqueur, Orange juice
- Turkish Song of the Damned — Cynar, Demerara Rum, Old Tom Gin, Bitters, Cardamom bitters, Coffee
- Exhumation Cocktail — Canadian whisky, Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Fernet, Cardamom bitters, Lemon peel