|1||oz||Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Lustau|
|3⁄4||oz||Dry vermouth, Dolin|
|1⁄2||oz||Jamaican rum, Smith & Cross|
|1⁄2||oz||Mezcal, Del Maguey Vida|
|3||ds||Orange bitters, Regans' orange bitters|
Stir, strain, up.
Winner of ShakeStir's September 14/15 New York Flash Competition with the theme "Sherry."
From other users
- Delicious, complex. Perhaps a tad sweet for our taste (may depend on the sweetness of the PX Sherry(We used a different PX sherry)), but I quibble. Will certainly make again.
- 'twas a bit too sweet for my taste, reducing the Ximénez to 1/2 oz and using 1/2 oz of East India solera dried it out a bit.
- Complex, smoky, brown sugary, interesting.
- Try with East India Solera
- needs to have the sherry balanced
- Good. Used El Maestro Sierra PX and was not too sweet - actually added a bit more sherry as it was a bit lost initially.
- Unusual and quite good. Used Alvear Cream Sherry (ximenez). Managed to be dry, rich and boozy at the same time.
- very niace, used vida and rum fire, played very well with the sherry. MAybe cut back sherry(too sweet)
- King of Spain — Palo Cortado Sherry, Mezcal, Crème de Cacao, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit
- Murder County — Bianco Vermouth, Palo Cortado Sherry, Reposado Tequila, Grapefruit bitters, Orgeat, Grapefruit peel
- Fortunato — Amontillado Sherry, Mezcal, Tequila, Cynar, Bitters
- Violeta Ahumado — Aromatized wine, Dry vermouth, Blanco tequila, Mezcal, Crème de Violette, Lemon peel
- Bourbon Ruby — Red wine, Bourbon, Simple syrup, Lemon juice
- Sovay — Chinato, Apple brandy, Water
- Whispers Of The Frost Cocktail — Port, Sherry, Rye, Sugar
- Keep Your Dreams A Burnin’ — Manzanilla sherry, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Orgeat, Lemon peel
- Adelita — Reposado Tequila, Dry vermouth, Aromatized wine, Crème de Violette, Lemon peel
- Robert Frost — Bourbon, Amontillado Sherry, White port, Orange bitters, Simple syrup, Orange, Lemon