Hey you kids, get off my lawn!
|3||ds||Bitters, Bitter Truth Jerry Thomas’ Own Decanter|
Place a large ice cube in an Old Fashioned glass. Add liquid ingredients and stir until well chilled.
Highly Recommended Option: Luxardo Maraschino Cherry
Per Imbibe article: "This cocktail is simpler than the adventurous concoctions that Justus Drugstore is known for. It started out as an end-of-night staff drink and the employees liked it so well that it made it onto the menu. Justus bartenders use housemade bitters but the Bitter Truth and Fee Brothers options make tasty substitutions."
From other users
- Similar to a sweet Manhattan but with a fairly strong licorice finish. I found it very enjoyable.
- prob sub 1 dash angostura, 1 dash orange bitters
- Count Loretto — Bourbon, Fernet Branca, Barbados Rum, Orange peel
- Dagreb's Hat (nee Medicine Hat) — Brandy, Fernet Branca, Canadian whisky
- Down & Brown — Rye, Fernet Branca, Bénédictine, Maraschino Liqueur
- 1815 Sutherland Highlanders — Scotch, Fernet Branca, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Sugar cube
- The Persecuted Gentleman — Rye, Cynar, Fernet Branca, Brandy, Orange bitters, Agave syrup
- Manowar — Rye, Amaro Meletti, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters
- Fear & Whiskey — Rye, Braulio
- Scotland the Brave — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Orange liqueur
- Seven Hills — Rye, Fernet Branca, Elderflower liqueur
- Fear Itself — Rye, Braulio, Genepy