|3⁄4||oz||Cherry Liqueur, Cherry Heering|
Shake, strain, up.
There are a lot of variations here, most of which try to reduce the orange juice or at least mask its flavor. Really, I think gelatin clarification of orange juice might be a good way to start.
Named for the 1922 Rudolph Valentino movie.
From other users
- Try subbing Balcones Brimstone for the scotch - seriously delicious.
- I like the Blood and Sand better in this style, subbing the scotch out in favor of smoky mezcal. The tequila seems to play with the orange better.
- Forewent the bitters and used equal proportions, which worked well for me. Used Carpano Antica and the vanilla flavors were very welcome.
- Prefer PDT recipe: * 1.5 oz Famous Grouse blended Scotch whisky * 0.75 oz orange juice * 0.5 oz Cherry Heering * 0.5 oz Carpano Antica sweet vermouth
- It might be a classic but I think this one is just not that good. Orange juice is difficult to use well. I should try to the PDT version.
- Zutaten 3/2/2/2, keine Bitters Glenfiddich 12 für die fruchtige, Talisker 10 oder Lagavulin 16 für die rauchige Variante
- Punt e Mes slightly better. Worth exploring other options, like Amaro.
- I made mine with with a slightly different balance. 1oz Scotch 1oz OJ 3/4 Vermouth 3/4 Cherry
- Yum yum
- Blood & Famine — Irish whiskey, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Bleeding Castro — Añejo rum, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Grapefruit juice, Orange juice
- Autumn's Dawn — Applejack, Ginger liqueur, Orange peel, Lemon juice, Grade B maple syrup
- Czech Matador — Rye, Cherry Liqueur, R. Jelinek Fernet, Orange juice
- Kumquat Daiquiri — Jamaican rum, Dark rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange juice, Agave syrup
- Cutlass — Jamaican rum, Blended rum, Bitters, Lime cordial, Lime
- Sundowner — Cognac, Triple sec, Galliano, Crushed ice, Lemon juice, Lime
- Jolly Roger — Virgin Islands Rum, Light rum, Falernum, Bitters, Orange juice, Orange peel
- The Vowel Cocktail — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Kummel, Bitters, Orange juice
- Smart — Armagnac, Umeshu, Aperol, Grapefruit juice, Orange peel