|2||oz||Blanco tequila (pepper-infused)|
|1⁄2||oz||Hot sauce (Michelada mix)|
Place an ice shard in a highball glass with at least 9-10 oz capacity. Add Michelada mix and lager. Add the other ingredients to a shaker, dry shake, add ice and shake again, and strain into the highball over the Michelada mixture. Garnish with an orange twist, three or four drops of Sriracha bitters, and coconut shavings. Serve with straw.
Use Mexican lager and make Michelada mix (Maggi, Worcestershire, hot sauce, etc) to taste. Alternatively, use ginger beer and cassis. For tamarind syrup, mix defrosted tamarind pulp in equal parts with simple syrup.
Partly inspired by Gabriella Mlynarczyk's Enter the Dragon (see source reference). Layering taken from the Pouring Ribbons cocktail One Flight Up. Named after the Julio Cortázar story "La noche boca arriba."
- Travel Section — Bacanora, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Bitters, Egg white, Coconut milk, Lime juice, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Simple syrup
- Last Resort — Pear eau de vie, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Nutmeg
- Latin Lover — Vodka, Bitters, Egg white, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Cilantro
- Sendero Trail — Pisco, Plum eau-de-vie, Triple sec, Bitters, Egg white, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup
- Daiquiri-73 — Rum, Bitters, Egg white, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Honey syrup, Lime
- Original Pisco Sour — Pisco, Bitters, Egg white, Lime juice, Gomme syrup
- Roasty Toasty — Pisco, Bitters, Lime juice, Egg white, Walnut oil, Sugar
- 8th and Collins — Pisco, Genever, Bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Southern Junction — Sotol, Peychaud's Bitters, Herbal liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Lemon juice, Rosemary syrup, Rosemary
- Amazona — Cachaça, Bitters, Coconut milk, Lime juice, Ginger syrup