|3⁄4||oz||Brandy (Cheap American VSOP)|
|3⁄4||oz||Apple brandy, Lairds 7.5 (or Calvados)|
|3⁄4||oz||Orange Curaçao (Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao)|
Shake with ice, strain into cocktail glass. If desired, garnish with lemon twist or wedge.
I used Paul Masson VSOP, but I imagine E&J, Christian Brothers, etc. will work just as well... Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao is a new product which attempts to re-create a classic 19th Century Curacao. It's spirit-strength (40% ABV), yet it's incredibly smooth and not overly-sweet.
This is my Sidecar variation. There are many others like it, but this one is mine... American Brandy: The frugal one. The one who says, "Hey, let's save money and carpool to work!"... Aged Apple Brandy: The old guy. The one who's been around forever, but that we often forget about... Dry Curacao: The hipster. The one who's joining in because it's the cool, retro thing to do... Lemon Juice: The sourpuss. The one who's always cranky, yet somehow it doesn't work without him/her.
- Royal Jubilee — Calvados, Triple sec, Lemon juice
- Deauville — Triple sec, Brandy, Apple brandy, Lemon juice
- Margarilla — Añejo tequila, Triple sec, Licor 43, Lime juice, Lime
- New York Sour (Cognac) — Cognac, Red wine, Lemon juice, Orange juice, Sugar
- Railcar #91 — Cognac, Orange Foam, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Haberdasher — Rye, Walnut Liqueur, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Grapefruit juice
- Tiger Stripe — Brandy, Rye, Orange liqueur, Ginger liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Gomme syrup, Ginger, Orange, Orange peel
- Cassingle Revival #2 — Triple sec, Drambuie, Bourbon, Lemon juice
- Basil Sour — Bourbon, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Basil
- Summer Babe (Winter Version) — Cognac, Rye, Apricot liqueur, Grapefruit liqueur, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Mint