|1||oz||Triple sec, Cointreau|
|1||Sugar (to prepare the glass)|
Shake, strain, serve up in sugar rimmed glass. Garnish with orange peel.
A few drops of lemon or orange bitters on top is a nice touch.
Original ratio was 1:1:1, as quoted by Robert Vermeire. This is the French School. Savoy has this as 2:1:1.
From other users
- My favorites so far have been a 2:1:1 with Meyer lemon and Courvoisier VS and a 3:2:1 with Remy Martin VSOP.
- I add 1/4 oz simple syrup. My ratio 2/.75/.75
- Joaquin Simo’s version: 2 oz, Pierre Fernand, .75 PF Dry Curaçao, .75 lemon juice, barspoon 2:1 rich Demerara syrup...
- Very good with 2 oz PF 1840, and either (a) 3/4 oz PF dry curaçao and 1 tsp 2:1 simple, or (b) 1/2 oz PF dry curaçao and 1/4 oz 2:1 simple.
- Arnold replaces 1/4 oz of Cointreau with simple syrup (2, 3/4, 3/4, 1/4)
- use 1840, meyer lemon juice, and cointreau 2, 1, 1 ratio. if I don't have meyer lemon up the cointreau slightly
- I prefer the ratios found on Esquire.com. The lemon is very present but does not overwhelm: 1 oz VS cognac 1 oz. triple sec 1/2 oz. lemon juice 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- Demerara sugar
- Outside — Cognac VSOP, Orange liqueur, Lemon juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Orange flower water
- Pony Express — Rye, White tea liqueur, Lemon juice, Grade B maple syrup, Lemon peel
- Maybach — Cognac, Swedish Punsch, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Tiger Stripe — Brandy, Rye, Orange liqueur, Ginger liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Gomme syrup, Ginger, Orange, Orange peel
- Tantris Sidecar — Cognac, Triple sec, Calvados, Herbal liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Pineapple juice, Lemon peel
- Summer Babe (Winter Version) — Cognac, Rye, Apricot liqueur, Grapefruit liqueur, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Mint
- Whoa, Nellie! — Rye, Orange liqueur, Dark rum, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice
- China Clipper — Gold rum, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- The Persimmon — Cognac, Triple sec, Gran Classico, Lemon juice, Persimmon, Simple syrup
- Cold Spring Cocktail — Cognac, Rhubarb bitters, Meyer lemon juice, Maple syrup, Meyer lemon peel