It's the most southern thing I can think of.
|1||oz||Simple syrup (Cheerwine Simple Syrup (see notes))|
|1||spg||Mint (as garnish)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (as garnish)|
Shake with ice. Strain onto rock. Express lemon peel and use as garnish with mint sprig.
In my continued adoration of Cheerwine, I paired it with rye. For the Cheerwine Simple Syrup. 2 cups Cheerwine. 1 cup sugar. Dashes of nutmeg and allspice. A little lemon zest. Simmer until sugar is dissolved. Let it all sit together and cool.
- China Clipper — Gold rum, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Gold Rush — Bourbon, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Buster Brown — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- The Last Gentleman — Drambuie, Speyside Scotch, Licor 43, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- D is For Dangerous — Bourbon, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Chocolate mint, Champagne
- Presbyterian — Rye, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Soda water
- Basil Sour — Bourbon, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Basil
- Harlan County — Bourbon, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1
- The Richard Branson! — Rye, Bärenjäger, Bitters, Lemon juice, Maple syrup, Lemon peel
- Curaçao Punch — Brandy, Jamaican rum, Curaçao, Simple syrup, Lemon juice