|1||oz||Simple syrup (Five Spice infused, see note)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (as garnish)|
Shake with ice, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with lemon peel.
The rum should be an aged amber, like Cruzan Estate Dark, Appleton Estates V/X, Brugal Anejo, Lemon Hart 80, or Pyrat XO. To make the five spice syrup, combine 1 rounded teaspoon of five spice powder with 2c of sugar and 1c of water. Heat on low until the sugar is dissolved. Squeeze through a cheesecloth into a bottle.
From other users
- Made with Appleton V/X, regular simple, and a few healthy dashes of 5-spice bitters. The rum gets a bit buried.
- Maybach — Cognac, Swedish Punsch, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Kentucky Pilgrim — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice, Demerara syrup, Lemon peel
- D is For Dangerous — Bourbon, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Chocolate mint, Champagne
- The Last Gentleman — Drambuie, Speyside Scotch, Licor 43, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Basil Sour — Bourbon, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Basil
- Buster Brown — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Pony Express — Rye, White tea liqueur, Lemon juice, Grade B maple syrup, Lemon peel
- Bourbon Renewal — Bourbon, Cassis, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- The Federal Buffalo Stamp — Bourbon, Ginger liqueur, Lemon juice, Maple syrup, Candied ginger
- Kentucky Red Head — Bourbon, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup