|1⁄2||oz||Pedro Ximénez Sherry|
Stir, strain, up or old fashioned with no rock, optional grapefruit or lemon twist, expressed and discarded.
A split base of rye and brandy works well too.
From other users
- Rufus is a fan.
- You can achieve a flavor like this without using sherry, but I like drinks in this style. Spicy whiskey manhattan with some herbal/fruity undertones. Nicely done.
- Made with 1/2 Torres 5 year brandy and worked pretty well
- Worth trying again to see if it grows on me.
- Windsor Knot — Cognac, Rye, Cynar, Dry vermouth, Bénédictine, Orange peel
- Confederation Bridge — Rye, Bianco Vermouth, Drambuie, Cynar, Bitters, Orange peel
- PPX — Rye, Cognac, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Cynar, Bitters, Mezcal, Orange peel
- Violet Hour — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Virgin Islands Rum
- Ophelia — Bourbon, Chinato, Crème de Cacao, Bitters
- Midnight Manhattan — Bourbon, Tawny port, Blood Orange Bitters
- In times like these, bitter is better than nothing — Rye, Aromatized wine, Cynar, Bitters, Islay Scotch, Salt Solution, Lemon peel, Absinthe, Peychaud's Bitters
- Brown Bomber (Julien Escot Variation) — Bourbon, Byrrh, Suze, Lemon peel
- All Tomorrow's Parties — Bourbon, Cardamaro, Hazelnut extract, Autumn spice
- Bensonhurst — Rye, Dry vermouth, Cynar, Maraschino Liqueur