Like a tropical Pegu Club.
|1||oz||Gin (Preferably a juniper-forward London Dry)|
|1⁄2||oz||Curaçao (Such as Pierre Ferrand)|
Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe.
After making the Interpol, I noted how Cardamaro, gin, and lemon conjured up tropical notes like pineapple along with a grapefruit one that reminded me a little of the Pegu Club. To bring it closer to that classic, I added in elements from the Pegu Club such as the orange liqueur and bitters, and I dubbed it the Copper Pagoda. The Pegu Club was created in Myanmar (formerly Burma) which is known for their pagodas; I opted for naming it after a color instead of a specific temple.
- Interpol — Cardamaro, Gin, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Bronx Cocktail (Boothby) — Gin, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Death & Taxes (Pouring Ribbons) — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Plum eau-de-vie, Grapefruit bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Grapefruit peel
- Hong Kong Cocktail — Gin, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Bronx Cocktail with Bitters (Income Tax) — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Orange juice
- London Calling (Chris Jepson) — Gin, Sherry, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Grapefruit peel
- Your Cover's Blown — Gin, Dry vermouth, Campari, Crème de Menthe, Rhubarb bitters, Lemon juice
- The Sure Thing — Gin, Aromatized wine, Bianco Vermouth, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Paper Flower — Gin, Aromatized wine, Bitters, Herbal liqueur, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Lucien Gaudin Cocktail — Gin, Dry vermouth, Campari, Triple sec, Orange peel