|2||oz||Virgin Islands Rum, Pusser's|
|1||oz||Madeira, Broadbent 10 Year Malmsey|
Stir, strain, coupe, twist.
Now that sherry is relatively well understood and publicized, more contemporary cocktail menus should experiment with Madeira, which comes in a similarly broad range of flavors and textures from the brightly acidic Sercial to the PX-like richness of a Malvasia/Malmsey. Unfortunately there's the matter of price...
The Dunlop, as listed in the Savoy, calls simply for rum, fortified wine, and Angostura. David Solmonson at 12 Bottle Bar made his with deep, flavorful Pusser's complemented by rich, coffee/toffee-flavored Malmsey, brightening with a lemon twist.
From other users
- Rich and dessert-y.... Might work better swizzle/frappe-style with crushed ice and a bit of lemon juice. 12 Bar Blues
- The Beauty Beneath — Rum, Chinato, Triple sec, Bitters
- Callao — Ruby Port, Pisco, Añejo rum, Bitters, Lemon peel
- La Frontera — Barbados Rum, Amontillado Sherry, Falernum, Bitters, Lime
- Solera — Dark rum, Amontillado Sherry, Falernum, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Frézier — Pisco, Bianco Vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Absinthe, Rhubarb bitters
- Idle Hands — Reposado Tequila, Gewurztraminer, Curaçao, Averna, Hellfire Habanero Shrub
- Garcini Daiquiri — Demerara Rum, Bianco Vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Pineapple juice, Pineapple
- Pompadour (Telegraph) — Pineau des Charentes, Demerara Rum, Rhum Agricole, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Autumn — Reposado Tequila, Amontillado Sherry, Pear eau de vie, Bitters, Maple syrup, Apple
- Double Platinum — Reposado Tequila, Manzanilla sherry, Madeira, Maraschino Liqueur