Designed to highlight the flavors of Appletons Rum.
|1 1⁄2||oz||English-style rum, Appleton V/X|
|1⁄2||oz||Sloe gin, Bitter Truth|
|1⁄2||oz||Simple syrup (1:1)|
|1||oz||Soda water (to top)|
Shake all ingredients except soda water in a cocktail shaker, double strain into a highball over ice and top with soda. Garnish with an orange twist.
Use a lighter style Sloe Gin, Haymans being too heavy.
First made for a female customer that wanted something 'fruity' and refreshing, I was going to use white rum but the house pour ran out and I was too lazy to go get a new bottle, so I reached for Appletons. Tweaked for an Appletons competition with Appletons Rum being the dominant flavor and easily accessible ingredients in mind.
From other users
- Light and refreshing but still a serious drink
- Rating's Ration — Virgin Islands Rum, Soda water, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- The Escapology — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Bitter lemon soda, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Cucumber
- Bootstrap Buck — Virgin Islands Rum, Lime juice, Ginger beer, Demerara syrup, Nutmeg
- Mexican Firing Squad — Blanco tequila, Bitters, Soda water, Grenadine, Lime juice, Lime
- Navy Grog — Demerara Rum, Dark rum, Light rum, Soda water, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Honey
- Pink Scott Fizz — Drambuie, Aperol, Gin, Bitters, Soda water, Lime juice, Ginger syrup
- Swizzle and Buck — Jamaican rum, Aveze, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Allspice Dram, Ginger beer, Lemon juice, Agave syrup, Mint
- Suffering Travis — Gin, Rhum Agricole, Hibiscus Liqueur, Whiskey, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Grenadine
- Key Lime Fizz — Light rum, Cynar, Falernum, Bitters, Soda water, Lime juice, Ginger syrup, Egg white
- Sendero Trail — Pisco, Plum eau-de-vie, Triple sec, Bitters, Egg white, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup