For Ellen... 60 years young and giving the finger to The Man.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Gin, St. George Terroir|
|3⁄4||oz||Bianco Vermouth, Dolin|
|1⁄4||oz||Meyer lemon juice|
|1⁄4||oz||Honey syrup (Infused with rosemary & sage)|
Mix the first six ingredients in a pint glass. Add ice. Stir 30 seconds & strain into a chilled rocks glass. Add a large ice cube. Finish with a grapefruit twist. Alternatively, strain into a chilled coupe (pictured).
Initial citrus blast, followed by the piney, aromatic flavors from the Terroir, moving into a light bitterness from the Cynar & Meyer lemon, then finishing with the honey. Complex but smooth. Note that you could substitute Vya Whisper Dry for the Dolin, or orange bitters for the grapefruit.
First served on 2/28/2015 at the birthday and retirement party of a friend's mother in the eastern shadow of Mt. Diablo.
From other users
- Perfect amount of spice, sweetness, and bitter
- Pink Sonya — Gin, Dry vermouth, Campari, Orange liqueur, Orange marmalade
- Heather in Queue — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Orange liqueur, Fernet Branca
- Swagger Cocktail — Gin, Zucca, Aromatized wine, Grapefruit juice, Lime
- Lucien Gaudin Cocktail — Gin, Dry vermouth, Campari, Triple sec, Orange peel
- Minnehaha Cocktail — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Pastis, Orange juice
- Bronx Cocktail with Bitters (Income Tax) — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Orange juice
- Two Blushing Pilgrims — Gin, Aromatized wine, Aperol, Campari, Simple syrup, Rose water
- Coda — Gin, Chinato, Triple sec
- Zanadu — Gin, Dry vermouth, Campari, Elderflower liqueur, Honey syrup
- White Negroni — Gin, Aromatized wine, Suze