|1||oz||Apple cider (reduction, see note)|
|1⁄4||oz||Maple syrup (grade b preferred)|
Combine 1 oz. concentrated cider, rye, lemon juice, and maple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously, and strain into a cocktail glass (with or without ice). Garnish with ginger slices or lemon rind. Serve immediately.
To make the cider reduction: In a medium saucepan, over high heat, boil 2 cups of apple cider until it has reduced by half to 1 cup, about 20 minutes. Cool over an ice bath until at room temperature.
From other users
- Maybe add more maple or apple liqueur, too tart
- Roanoke — Apple brandy, Amaretto, Cinnamon bitters, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Bondage — Rye, Apple brandy, Pear liqueur, Ginger liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- Double Haggis — Scotch, Drambuie, Orange bitters, Apple cider, Lemon juice
- Delicious Sour (Dead Rabbit Version) — Apple brandy, Peach liqueur, Eucalyptus tincture, Absinthe, Lime juice, Pistachio syrup, Nutmeg, Egg white
- Hulk Smash! — Bourbon, Bitters, Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa, Lime, Water, Mint
- Orchard Dew — Bourbon, Drambuie, Bitters, Apple cider, Lemon juice
- Fall Classic (Gramercy Tavern) — Bourbon, Calvados, Bitters, Apple cider, Simple syrup, Lemon juice
- Fake Empire — Bourbon, Calvados, Apple cider, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup
- Farmhouse Cocktail — Calvados, Mezcal, Bitters, Lemon juice, Maple syrup, Apple
- Gascon Smash — Armagnac, Plum eau-de-vie, Plum, Lemon juice, Mint