A Bourbon-Ginger sour
|1 1⁄2||oz||Bourbon, Old Weller Antique 107|
|3⁄4||oz||Ruby Port, Sandeman|
|1⁄2||oz||Ginger liqueur, Domaine de Canton|
|1||Ginger (Nickel-sized slice, as garnish)|
|1||Blackberry (As garnish)|
Shake with ice; strain into chilled coupé. Garnish.
Assemble garnishes on a cocktail pick. I used house-made dram, but the commercial stuff, e.g., St. Elizabeth's, is just fine.
From other users
- I had some leftover ginger from making anise-scented short ribs & built this recipe around it. Originally an aromatic cocktail, it needed some acid to balance the sweetness — hence the lemon juice.
- Bankers Are Wankers — Irish whiskey, Port, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Raspberry syrup, Nutmeg
- Test Pilot — Jamaican rum, Light rum, Triple sec, Falernum, Absinthe, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Lime juice
- Planter's Punch (Spiced Rum) — Spiced Rum, Trinidad rum, Campari, Bitters, Cardamom bitters, Lime juice, Grenadine, Lemon juice
- Riverside — Bourbon, Raspberry liqueur, Dry vermouth, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Artist's Special Cocktail — Rye, Sherry, Redcurrant syrup, Lemon juice
- Aviation #1 — Applejack, Cassis, Absinthe, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Twelve Mile Limit (Matt Robold) — Martinique Rum, Rye, Apple brandy, Lemon juice, Grenadine, Lemon peel
- The Sun Goes Down — Reposado Tequila, Chili pepper, Orange juice, Grenadine, Lime juice
- Broken Crown — Tequila, Crème de Cacao, Apple brandy, Celery bitters, Lime juice, Grenadine
- Mississippi Sour — Brandy, Jamaican rum, Bourbon, Egg white, Cherry, Lemon juice, Sugar