|2||oz||Blanco tequila (strawberry-infused, see note)|
|1||oz||Elderflower liqueur, St. Germain|
|2||ds||Rhubarb bitters, Brooklyn Hemispherical Bitters Rhubarb|
|1||oz||Sparkling rosé wine|
Shake all but sparkling wine, strain, serve up or on a rock, top with rosé.
The strawberry-infused tequila is called Tequila por mi amante, and is first cited in Charles H. Baker's Gentlemen's Companion. A recipe can be found here: bit.ly/dyEs1J Spanish speakers will note that "Tequila para mi amante" seems more likely to have been the original name than "por mi amante" ("for my lover," rather than "by my lover"), but it wouldn't be Baker if it weren't odd and confounding.
The original version of this drink called for half an ounce each of Lillet Rosé and rhubarb syrup instead of the St. Germain, a quarter ounce more lime, and no sparkling wine. I decided to update this drink to reflect what I think would be the more popular recipe and list the original here, rather than create two separate listings for very similar recipes.
- Bella Rosa — Blanco tequila, Aromatized wine, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Pomegranate juice
- Heather — Cachaça, Elderflower liqueur, Dry vermouth, Lime juice, Lime peel
- El Puente — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Bianco Vermouth, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- Conquistador (Jennifer Contraveos) — Rum, Palo Cortado Sherry, Falernum, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- Boardwalk Flyer — Cachaça, Crème de Banane, Bianco Vermouth, Bitters, Lime juice, Mint, Nutmeg
- Colletti Royale — Reposado Tequila, Rosé Champagne, Elderflower liqueur, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Blood Orange Juice, Lime juice
- Gilroy Cocktail (Rum variation) — Cherry Liqueur, Rum, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- Del Rio — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Manzanilla sherry, Orange bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Chan Chan — Light rum, Dry vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Saramago — Blanco tequila, Bianco Vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Mezcal, Grapefruit peel