|1||oz||Bison grass vodka|
|1⁄2||oz||Pear eau de vie|
|1⁄2||oz||Elderflower liqueur, St. Germain|
|4||ds||Bitters (2 ds each Peychaud's and Ango, as garnish)|
Shake, strain over pebble ice or crushed ice. Top with more ice, 2-3 dashes of Peychaud's and Angostura bitters, and a thin lemon twist snaked around the base of a slapped mint sprig. Serve with straw.
Along with great bakeries, cheap booze, trendy brunch spots, and recent hipsters looking to put all that nonsense behind them and settle down, Greenpoint, Brooklyn is home to a sizable Polish population. I honor them with this summery swizzle containing the Polish favorite bison grass vodka, matched here to pear brandy rather than the usual apple juice, and complemented with pie spice and elderflower flavors. Named for the nearby McCarren Park, with a tip of the hat to the classic Queen's Park Swizzle.
From other users
- Pie spice, apple, pear, mint, elderflower, a million flavors, refreshment.
- 2 5-stars
- Incredible accentuation of the brandy or eat de vie. I used my favorite st george
- Pisco Apricot Tropical (Update) — Pisco, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Pineapple syrup
- The Haigh — Light rum, Curaçao, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice
- Blackbeard's Nephew — Overproof rum, Falernum, Apricot liqueur, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Passion fruit juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Wilke Paradiso — Rum, Bitters, Passion fruit syrup, Lime juice
- St. Andrews Highball — Honey Liqueur, Cherry Liqueur, Lemon juice
- The 'Cue — Overproof rum, Absinthe, Pineapple syrup, Lime juice, Yuzu juice, Hot sauce, Lime
- Shaka — Rum, Okolehao liqueur, Lime juice, Orgeat, Passion fruit juice
- Ranglum — Dark rum, Falernum, Overproof rum, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Anastasia — Ginger Vodka, Triple sec, Pomegranate juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Colchique — Pisco, Elderflower liqueur, Orange juice, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Orange flower water