a spicy riff on the Paper Plane
|3⁄4||oz||Bourbon, Buffalo Trace|
|3⁄4||oz||Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur|
|1||bsp||Honey syrup (1:1)|
Shake all ingredients, strain into a chilled coupe.
Entry submittal for Suze cocktail contest. Obviously inspired by the Paper Plane, one of my early cocktail crushes after having my first at The Violet Hour in 2008. Couldn't quite pull off the great balance of the original using just 4 equal parts of these ingredients, so I had to cheat and add a bit more sweetener. Named after the John Cougar Mellencamp 80's song "Paper in Fire"
From other users
- Solid but a little too astringent. Maybe another barsppon of simple?
- Rio Grande — Bourbon, Tequila, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Lemon juice, Ginger syrup
- Don Franco Penicilina — Tequila, Rum, Lime juice, Honey Ginger Syrup, Gomme syrup
- Smoked Margarita — Reposado Tequila, Orange liqueur, Whiskey, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Salt
- Daiquiri (Sweeter) — Light rum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Luxardo Sour — Amaretto, Rye, Bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice
- Jack Grove — Applejack, Campari, Lemon juice, Grapefruit juice, Simple syrup, Cinnamon
- Flu Cure Toddy — Dark rum, Apple brandy, Jägermeister, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Tijuana Trick — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- Cranberry Brandy Sour — Brandy, Cachaça, Cassis, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Cranberry syrup, Soda water
- D is For Dangerous — Bourbon, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Chocolate mint, Champagne