|1 1⁄2||oz||Rum, Pusser's|
|3⁄8||oz||Rum, Smith & Cross|
|1||spg||Mint (as garnish)|
Build in a highball mostly filled with crushed ice and swizzle. Top with more ice and garnish with mint tucked near a straw.
For the cordial (mostly Jeffrey Morgenthaler's recipe): Infuse the juice and zest of one large lime along with a cup of water, 250g sugar, and 1 oz citric acid sous vide at 190° for an hour and a half. Cool, refrigerate for a day, and strain solids. For the pimento dram I used the Serious Eats website's recipe.
Starting point was Rafa's Cutlass (linked as reference). This is also in Ancient Mariner and Mosquito Coast territory.
- Gruff and Rumble — Rum, Orange liqueur, Branca Menta, Bitters, Lime juice
- Billy Dawson's Punch c.1863 — Dominican Rum, Cognac, Stout, Batavia Arrack, Water, Demerara sugar, Lemon juice, Lemon, Nutmeg
- Her Majesty's Pearl — Rhum Agricole, Elderflower liqueur, Cognac, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Rose water
- Rum Row Old Fashioned — Demerara Rum, Blended rum, Bitters, Sugar, Water, Orange peel
- Kumquat Daiquiri — Jamaican rum, Dark rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange juice, Agave syrup
- Say Goodnight Gracie — Light rum, Crème de Violette, Rhubarb bitters, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Lime juice, Lime peel
- Understudy — Rum, Licor 43, Orange bitters, Grapefruit juice, Apple juice, Cinnamon syrup
- Swamp Zombie — Cachaça, Light rum, Melon liqueur, Falernum, Pastis, Bitters, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Simple syrup, Mint
- Blackbeard's Nephew — Overproof rum, Falernum, Apricot liqueur, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Passion fruit juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Test Pilot — Jamaican rum, Light rum, Triple sec, Falernum, Absinthe, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Lime juice