|1⁄2||oz||Elderflower liqueur, St. Elder|
|1⁄4||oz||Simple syrup, Royal Rose Three Chiles|
|1||sli||Jalapeño (or Serrano Chile as garnish)|
Shake vigorously over ice. Strain into chilled martinii glass. Garnish with Jalapeno slice instead of a twist, or for more kick Serano (or if you are really daring a Habanero slice).
Any good Rye will do, I like Breakout as a relatively inexpensive well done whiskey. Bourbon could be substituted but I like the spiciness of the rye. Other Amaros will do, and change the character a bit. Use 1/4 - 1/2 oz Chile syrup to taste (more is hotter and sweeter).
Created and named after the birth of my daughter Lyra, this is a variation on "The Lovely Lyra", which came first, and this was created after a particularly rough day....
From other users
- a few drops of hellfire bitters made it pop
- Kentucky Masala — Bourbon, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Cardamom bitters, Gomme syrup
- Le Nouveau Moureaux — Bourbon, Suze, Grapefruit bitters, Demerara syrup
- Algorithm — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Absinthe, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Pineapple juice
- The Irons — Rye, Orange Curaçao, Aperol, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Cheeky Sazerac — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Aperol, Simple syrup
- Baren Derby — Bourbon, Bärenjäger, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- Alabazam — Cognac, Triple sec, Bitters, Sugar, Lemon juice
- Rye Witch — Rye, Palo Cortado Sherry, Strega, Orange bitters, Sugar cube, Orange peel
- Tennessee Winter — Tennessee whiskey, Orange liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters
- The Soothsayer — Bourbon, Allspice Dram, Maple syrup, Meyer lemon juice, Sage, Nutmeg