|3⁄4||oz||Cognac, Rémy Martin|
|3⁄4||oz||Rum, Appleton V/X|
|3⁄4||oz||Rye, Rittenhouse 100|
|1⁄2||oz||Simple syrup (Old Fashioned Syrup)|
|1||ds||Bitters, Bittermens Xocolatl Mole|
|1||ds||Orange bitters, Angostura orange|
|1||twst||Orange peel (as garnish)|
|1||Brandied cherry (as garnish)|
Stir all ingredients with ice. Strain into a chilled rocks glass filled with one giant ice chunk. Garnish with orange zest and brandied cherry resting on the top of the glass.
Old Fashioned Syrup: 200 mL Bourbon or rye, 100 mL Angostura bitters, 550 mL Turbinado sugar, 5 cloves 7 allspice, 3 star anise, stir ingredients in a pot over low heat until all sugar is incorporated, let cool, strain and funnel into a sanitized bottle, add 1 oz of bourbon/rye to help preserve your syrup
From other users
- Delicious. Made with Few rye, Havana Club Anejo 7 rum, Claude Chatelier XO Cognac, and Tippleman's burnt molasses sugar syrup. Great surprising smooth combo of alcohols. Bit sweet - I'd reduce Tippleman's a tipple.
- Quite like this as an Old Fashioned riff. I approximated the syrup with a scant 1/2 oz. of turbinado syrup and a small dash of pimento dram. Like the other commenters said, this is on the sweet side.
- Caruso Cocktail (via Eric Felton) — Cognac, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters, Cherry
- Lord Sheffield — Rye, Crème Yvette, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Cherry, Salers Gentiane
- Elder Fashioned — Bourbon, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Lemon juice, Orange
- Rambler — Rye, Dry vermouth, Amaro Nonino, Maraschino Liqueur, Maraschino cherry
- The Powhatan — Rye, Ginger liqueur, Triple sec, Bitters, Orange bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Ginger, Orange
- Mountain Man — Bourbon, Aromatized wine, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Orange bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Fire Cherry Cocktail — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Campari, Port, Bitters, Brandied cherry
- Dashfire — Bourbon, Galliano, Amontillado Sherry, Bénédictine, Orange bitters, Cherry
- He's Crafty — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Grapefruit bitters, Cranberry shrub, Lemon syrup
- Spanish Harlem (bourbon) — Bourbon, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Cherry juice