A drink that I created in 2014 for a ShakeStir Cognac competition.
|1⁄2||oz||Amontillado Sherry (Or Oloroso)|
|1||twst||Orange peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.
Orange and nutty nose. A rich grape sip. Cognac, tea, minty, chocolate, and nutty flavors on the swallow with an allspice and rum funk finish.
Crafted for a 2014 ShakeStir competition with a Cognac sponsor. I was inspired by the Rocket from Pioneers of Mixing in Elite Bars: 1903-1933 with its brandy, Swedish punsch, sweet vermouth, and Picon elements. I converted the vermouth to nutty sherry and the Picon to Benedictine and Angostura Bitters. For a name, I was lured in by the Paul Bowles' mid-century classic for the combination seemed to represent world travel in a glass.
- Worth The Wait — Whiskey, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters, Añejo rum, Simple syrup
- Golden Dog — Scotch, Bénédictine, Apricot liqueur, Aromatized wine
- Capone's Island — Rye, Aromatized wine, Bénédictine, Orange liqueur, Bitters
- Night Ritual — Rye, Palo Cortado Sherry, Ginger liqueur, Bénédictine, Bitters, Islay Scotch, Orange peel
- Rye Witch — Rye, Palo Cortado Sherry, Strega, Orange bitters, Sugar cube, Orange peel
- Bombay Cocktail (No.2) — Brandy, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Triple sec, Absinthe
- Battle Of Algiers — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Black peppercorns
- Myrtle — Tennessee whiskey, Aromatized wine, Allspice Dram, Peychaud's Bitters
- Autumn Leaves — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Apple brandy, Strega, Cinnamon syrup
- 3-2-1 — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Dry vermouth